- Visitor Information Centres
The Y Water Discovery Centre incorporates a fully accredited Visitor Information Centre and interactive environmental interpretive displays to inform visitors about the importance of water resource management and local wetland ecology.
Located adjacent to the Yea Wetlands the Centre is a striking, architecturally designed building incorporating sustainable design elements. A range of programs for primary and secondary school groups are offered as well as guided tours of the Wetlands which include a Devonshire tea.
The friendly team can provide information on a wide range of activities and points of interest, accommodation and dining options, and travel directions. The Centre also incorporates a gift shop stocking a wide range of products for sale including books, maps, games and toys, jewellery, skincare, local produce and clothing. Many of the items are hand-crafted by local artisans and producers who offer a unique and very special range of products.
Outside there is a picnic area with barbecue facilities, ample on-site parking and a recreational vehicle dump point.
- Free Wifi
- Suitable for guests with sufficient mobility to climb two or three steps, but would benefit from fixtures and fittings to aid balance.
- Nature & Wildlife
- Food & Wine
- Australian Tourism Accreditation Program
- Suitable for guests who depend on the use of a wheelchair in a seated position at all times.
- History & Heritage
- Suitable for guests with high support needs who uses a hoist and always travel with a carer.
- Coach Parking
- Visitor Information Centre
- Public Toilet
- Picnic Area
- Interpretive Centre
- Booking/Tour Desk
- Visitor Information Centre National Accreditation
- Indigenous themes and/or interpretation