- Landmarks and Buildings
The trucking industry plays an important role in the day to day lives of everyone in the community, from freight transport, mining, waste collection and emergency services, without trucks and most importantly the drivers, society would not function as it does.
The Memorial is an initiative of the Creative Ministries Network, and the collaboration of a devoted group of women whose family members were heavily involved in the trucking industry.
The Victorian Truck Drivers Memorial is dedicated to truck drivers who have lost their lives while working, and those who have worked as truck drivers and passed away. Go along and pay your respects to these dedicated men and women.
The annual Memorial Service is conducted on the Saturday of the long weekend in June each year.
- Suitable for guests with sufficient mobility to climb two or three steps, but would benefit from fixtures and fittings to aid balance.
- Pet Friendly - Enquire
- Family Friendly
- Suitable for guests with a hearing impairment, from mild hearing loss to profoundly deaf.
- Disabled access available, contact operator for details
- Suitable for guests who depend on the use of a wheelchair in a seated position at all times.
- Suitable for guests with high support needs who uses a hoist and always travel with a carer.
- Public Toilet
- Picnic Area
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids)
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.
- Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
- Caters for people with high support needs who travel with a support person.