- Historical Sites and Heritage Locations
- Landmarks and Buildings
Between Cathkin Junction and the township of Alexandra, the Koriella Station site marks the place where village ‘with Post and Telegraph Office’ once existed.
At the original site there remains only a large excavated area which includes a sheep yard lined with Monterey Pines and a Peppercorn tree.
The name Koriella was given to the station in 1916 and is possibly the indigenous word for Goulburn (River).
The line climbed to its greatest elevation at Eglinton cutting, before dropping down towards the Goulburn River Valley, through the deep cutting at Victoria Gap, to Alexandra.
The views from the top make the climb worthwhile. Cathedral Range can be seen in the distance.