- Historical Sites and Heritage Locations
- Museums and Collections
This fascinating tourist railway and museum features local timber history from the Rubicon Forest and other historical displays. The Museum’s Easter Gala and Heritage Machinery Festival on the second Saturday in September are amongst the two biggest events that highlight one of the largest machinery collections in Australia.
There are lots of children’s activities, a picnic area and the Great Victorian Rail Trail that starts and ends at the Timber Tramway.
The Alexandra Market is held on the second Saturday of each month from September to May and features a large variety of stalls and train rides.
The museum opens from 10:00am until 4:00pm with steam train rides on the second Sunday of each month and diesel powered train rides on the fourth Sunday. Groups and families are very welcome.
- Suitable for guests with sufficient mobility to climb two or three steps, but would benefit from fixtures and fittings to aid balance.
- Family Friendly
- Disabled access available, contact operator for details
- Regional Tourist/Tourism Association/Organisation
- History & Heritage
- Coach Parking
- Visitor Information Centre
- Public Toilet
- Picnic Area
- Museums Australia
- Art & Culture